Reply To: Introductions – Say Hello

Forums Canadian RPAS Drone Forums Introductions – Say Hello Reply To: Introductions – Say Hello

franklinnewhart_1
    Participant
    Hello.  I am located in Southern Saskatchewan and came to drone flying by a farmer asking me if I could fly a drone he had purchased and if I could do some work for him. I found out very quickly that I needed a licence and did a crash self study and passed the basic with ease. To note I am a 70 year old kid.  This job is fun.  What do I do?  Well I am working on mapping his property as he leases it out and he needs accurate acerage for rental costing. He also wants to do crop inspection but I am not ready for that as I do not have the equipment yet. He also sells Cattle Oilers and he has had me go out to customers and film the Cattle using the Oilers in the field.  This is an ongoing job and I realize I need to get my advanced and I am studying for this right now. I am using his Mavic Air for now but I have purchased a full kit for a Tarot 680 Pro Hexacopter which will be more suited to the mapping and crop inspection.  It will also allow me to market myself to other farmers for the same type of work. If all goes well I will be able to afford a multi spectrum camera to do advanced crop inspection. This looks like an emerging field with good income opportunities and it is something a senior can do to suppliment a fixed income.