Introductions – Say Hello

Forums Canadian RPAS Drone Forums Introductions – Say Hello

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  droneadmin 3 months ago.

Keymaster
    none
    Welcome to our Forum,

CDP was created for drone pilots by drone pilots. We have spent countless hours crafting our webpage to ensure you get the maximum experience. If your a commercial operator and have a knack for the industry we encourage you to contribute to this forum. In regards to my experience, I am a Ontario based RPAS advanced operator with a background in geomatics. I have been intrigued about the industry well before DJI was even a household name. I have flown fixed wing drones, quadcopters and have a couple hundred hours on several platforms. I have a passion for all things that fly, and planely put I am starstruck. I believe Canada is leading the forefront of this technology, and I applaud Transport Canada for developing a rigid but flexible frame work . We have truly come out on top as a nation, and there’s never a better time to be alive! Go Canada! Go!

Open up and share your background,  let’s get talking!

CDP Drone Admin

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  droneadmin.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  droneadmin.
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
    panda
    Participant
    Hello my name is Brittany, I am a Calgary based advanced pilot.  I look forward to getting to know people more on this forum and excited to learn more.
    droneadmin
    Keymaster
    none
    Please welcome to the forum new users:

Abrunelle, Calgaryflyer, Douglasr, Larrylaxdal, LonewolfSCO, Steveconrod, Pastonge,SusanD, & Tpuerzer

Canadian Drone Pilots

CDP Admin

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  droneadmin.
    droneadmin
    Keymaster
    none
    Please welcome to the forum new users,

DMoriello, MGhitescu, Rlussier, and Tstein

Canadian Drone Pilots

CDP Admin

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  droneadmin.
    James Dean
    Participant
    none
    Hello my name is James Dean, I am an Ontario based videography. I started flying drones 5 years ago, andI am now looking to get certified. I look forward to participating actively in the forum.
    dlittle
    Participant
    Hi

My name is Dal. I am located in Victoria BC. I look forward to have a central Canadian space to discuss Canadian drone issues, concerns, and suggestions.

Cheers

cwevenson
    Participant
    I’m based out of Calgary, and have taken the aerobotika.com Ground school to learn about Drone flight and how to manage a Drone Company.  I was initially going to build a company but with all the regulations regarding Drones and the similarity of those practices to actual flight, I have decided to work towards my Professional Pilot’s License instead.
    UAVPilot1773
    Participant
    CA
    Hello CWENSON: Although a good course of action with regards to commercial license (I’m working on finishing as well), the drone business is a good place to be in. There are lots of opportunities and like any business investment, needs to be thought out. I’ve worked in commercial aviation and know that the commercial drone industry is in that arena. Depends on what you want to do and what to build.

Thomas Hoppe, B.Tech., O.L.S.

RPAS Pilot | Flight Operations |Training | Flight Reviewer

www.43north.ca 

goingawesomeplaces
    Participant
    Hi!  My name is Will from the travel blog and channel Going Awesome Places.  I was recently advanced certified through SUGU in Toronto and looking to stay connected with the community.  Great to be here!
    berdman
    Participant
    Hi,

My name is Peter and I’m also subscribed to Mavic Drone Pilots, which is very busy. I recently got my advanced certificate so I wouldn’t have to sell my drones. Now I have to get permission every damn time I fly. Thinking of moving to the US. Getting so sick of all the government intrusion from the Canadian government. What has been the experience of people here with Nav Canada?

Creasia
    Participant
    CA
    At last, new drone legislation has allowed advanced users freedom I need to make this work. I am taking to the skies!
    droneadmin
    Keymaster
    none
    Welcome to the forum James, Dal, CEwenson, Thomas, Will, Peter, and Creasia.

Canadian Drone Pilots

CDP Admin

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  droneadmin.
    uastech
    Participant
    CA
    Hello all,

I’m based out of Calgary. I work for an airline maintaining Q400’s. Private pilot with multi engine rating. I also work at Skymount Drones/Drone Shop Canada. Advance test done just trying to get around to doing my flight review. The Sky’s the limit, and TC!

Cheers to an ever evolving industry,

Ryan

TJ
    Participant
    Hi there,  I’m a new advanced drone pilot in and around the Greater Toronto Area.  I got my license for fun, but hey, if the opportunities present themselves I wouldn’t mind doing it for money in the future.  I attended Sugu ground school in Markham and they were great.

T.J.

droneadmin
    Keymaster
    none
    Welcome to the Forum Ryan & TJ,

Ryan you have quite the experience in aviation and were glad to have you.

TJ, thank you for your introduction, great to hear of your positive experiences in Training (We are also glad to have you). Tj, Congratulations on also being forum member #45!. 

For those who haven’t posted or introduced yourselves please feel free to do so.

————————

Note to all forum members/members to be

This forum is to help foster insite into the options within this developing industry. As a reminder to all forum users private messaging is enabled, please feel free to interact or network. If you would like to post your own articles please let us know (this is available). We will have a number of job request/postings from external companies in the summer. Stay tuned!

Canadian Drone Pilots

CDP Admin

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  droneadmin.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  droneadmin.
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.